| Dadda, Shy Gracie, Mommy, and Grampa. Photo by Andrew Mussack. |
Last Saturday Gracie was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as the Mormons. She was baptized and confirmed by her Dadda. It was a wonderful day for her parents, family and friends. The room at church was full to overflowing for the service. Many lifelong friends of Dadda came to her baptism. Two that were at her Dadda's baptism 46 years earlier.
Gracie was nervous because there were so many people in attendance. She was also concerned about going into the water. She then realized that Mommy would be at the top of the steps and Dadda would be there in the water waiting to take her hand at the bottom.
Grampa came from Utah for her birthday and stayed to not miss her baptism. He and Gracie's adopted Papa Lightbourn were the witnesses for her baptism. They were both honored to serve.
Gracie your parents are so happy that you have chosen to follow the Savior this week.
2 comments:
Good for Gracie. I can remember when I was little and got baptized. It was a blessed event indeed as I'm sure Gracie's was.
Have a terrific day. ☺
I wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment