Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gracie's First Day of School


Gracie and her Dadda in her class



Gracie riding during recess




Gracie's Class List



Gracie after her first day of school



This is being posted so quickly for the benefit of Aunt Jeanine who is back in Texas for Gracie's cousin David's wedding this weekend. Congratulations David and Sarah! We wish you An Eternity of Happiness!
Gracie hopes the rest of her readers will find some enjoyment as well.
This morning Gracie did not want to get up so early for school. Dadda tried to slowly wake her. After a short time getting out of bed Gracie just wanted to go back to bed. Dadda was just a bit too frustrated by the start of the day. Dadda promised Gracie she would enjoy her first day of school.
After a quick bite of breakfast Gracie was ready for her walk to school. She was still just a bit nervous after arriving at her room. She saw a few of the other children she met yesterday and she appeared a little less distressed. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for her Dadda. Thinking ahead he brought sunglasses to hid the tears in his eyes.
After her new teacher invited the class inside she quickly found her seat and found a coloring assignment to keep her focus. She then found her assigned "cubbyhole" and then picked out a nice pink spot on the carpet for her first story time. Mommy and Dadda slipped out the door and attended the mostly boring new parents meeting. Dadda really needed a nap after that.
Mommy and Dadda went back to pick Gracie up after class. She came bounding out proclaiming she had the best teacher ever!
Dadda and Gracie then went home to snuggle and watch Tom and Jerry together again. All is well in Dadda's world.

For Grampa

5 comments:

Sandee said...

I watched the video too even though it was for Grandpa. How cute Gracie is. Very well done.

I'm glad her first day went so well. I'm glad you brought sun glasses too. Very wise.

Have a terrific day. :)

Heather and Spencer said...

Glad her day went so well!!! Good idea on the sunglasses too, I will have to remember that one!

Naomi and Family said...

I am so glad Gracie loves her teacher! That gives a parent so much peace of mind (yes, an understatement)! You and Derek both are so cute! Derek definitely had a harder time than I did too. It's a good thing! Means Mindy and I picked great men!

Wendster said...

Gracie. I am so happy that you love your new teacher. I hope you are learning lots and that you remember you always get to speak your mind every where you go.
It's the first thing I taught all of my students. We are a democracy ... until he*& breaks loose and then I am the all powerful ruler of your universe. ha. (talking to my students)

You are a beautiful smart girl and I predict that you will make lots of friends and learn many wonderful things at school.

Wenderilla

Wendster said...

btw: I LOVE that photo of you and GRacie at her desk.

Gracie looks especially beautiful in that photo.

And look how proud you look Papa!