Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!


Gracie and her Mom playing in the park


Gracie wanted her Mommy to know that she is "The Best Mommy in the Whole Wide World!" It is a real treat to hear Gracie tell her mom that. It melts the heart of even the most callous of men.
Dadda loves to hear the laughter coming from the other room when he knows Gracie and her Mommy are playing together. It truly makes our house a home. Not just a bit of heaven on earth, but the place Dadda wants to be forever.
Gracie's Mommy is the also the World's Most Amazing Wife! Her gift of compassion is a marvel to behold. If Dadda is to make to the "peaceful shores beyond" it will be only from Mommy's dragging him anywhere near to it. Thank You Sweetcheeks. I LOVE you!!!
This is Dadda's first Mother's Day without his Mom to call. I miss her everyday. I know she is happy and waiting for us to catch up with her. Happy Mother's Day to you too Mom!!


Gracie being held by her Grandmother in the NICU

2 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

She was the best mom ever! We all miss her so very much. Somehow, visiting where her mortal remains are, just doesn't cut it. I know she sees Mindy and Gracie and is so grateful for having them in your life.

Wendster said...

I haven't gotten to that point of my life yet where my mother has passed on ... but I'm not looking forward to it either.

A shift, I'm sure ... but good to have all of those happy memories, too. How fortunate to have such a wonderful mother to remember and such a wonderful wife to help (a little) to fill the "void".

Hugs!