Friday, December 28, 2012

Adventure Day again?




I got this Adventure Day thing wired, Dadda

 
Dora the Explorer has nothing on me.



Today was another Adventure Day with Gracie. Gracie loaded up her backpack. Chex mix, water bottle, joke book, coloring book, crayons, iPad, Gracie was ready for anything.  She knew that she might be waiting for an hour or two at the hospital.  Uncle Brent needed a MRI for his heart.  The best place around here in at Cedar Sinai Hospital where Mommy had hers earlier this year. BG even had the same technician. Mommy really appreciated his kindness helping her through a rather traumatic experience.
While he was inside the machine Gracie and her parents went across the street to the Beverly Center for some lunch and shopping.  Dadda couldn't help but smile watching Gracie hiking to the mall with her backpack on. Just about anything she does entertains Dadda.
Dadda came away with his first real Dodger cap and a new Marlins cap too.
After a quick bite at Panda Express and a few Mrs. Field's cookies, it was back to get Brent.
Gracie told a few jokes while waiting for the valet.
What's the best way to raise strawberries?
With a spoon!
She enjoyed them more than anyone else.
Gracie wanted to do some back road going home, so Dadda drove through Benedict Canyon out of Beverly Hills. Gracie was quite impressed with some of the rather large homes that she passed. Dadda even worked on some of them many years ago.
BG was a little hungry so Gracie took everyone to Brent's Deli. Really good food and even better service. Black Forest Pastrami is the suggested entree.
On the way home Gracie still wanted to drive more canyon roads. Thankfully, there was one left before Gracie's house. At the other end was Mean Aunt Jean's house for a short visit and off to one more look at Christmas lights around town. The Disney house was already dismantled but, after driving by a friends house Dadda saw the biggest Christmas tree he has ever seen. It must be 40 feet tall and so well decorated, Gracie needed her picture with it.
Okay, so maybe it's only 30 feet tall.


The final stop at the Beckers ended the day.

It just ain't Christmas without a stop at Becker's house.

Do they have enough decorations?

2 comments:

Sandee said...

I didn't know you lived in southern California. Why didn't I know this? I don't know.

Gracie is a hoot and a half. She entertains me as much as she entertains you. Well at least the parts you share with the rest of us.

Have a terrific day. :)

Wendster said...

Wow!!!!! The Becker's house is amazing. I am ready for a canyon drive too. I love those canyon drives. Gracie has great taste (because she likes what I like, lol) .... Hey .... at any point while back roading did Gracie do the famous Dora thing and shout "Map!!!"? That would have been classic.
That tree IS ginormous. I would have called it 80 Feet tall. Happy New Year by the way.