Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Bittersweet Day at Gracie's

Today Gracie would be celebrating her sister Rachel's 8th birthday. Rachel was diagnosed with Potter's Syndrome at 12 weeks in the pregnancy. Her parents were told that she wouldn't make it over the weekend.
It was a trying time for her parents as she continued to grow and her little heart beat until at 39 weeks it finally stopped. Mommy and Dadda were very sad. After an inducement was scheduled they went home to wait over night. Rachel was delivered stillborn that night after Mommy went into labor.
Mommy and Dadda were able to hold her for a few hours. Gramma and Grampa made it to the hospital to hold her too. Dadda's saddest moment was watching Grampa hold her. How sad Grampa looked.
Rachel was given a graveside service as her family rejoiced in being sealed as a family, looking forward to a reunion with Rachel and all the other family members having gone on through the veil.
Mommy and Dadda carried her one more time together, in a casket Dadda made himself.
On a much happier note,
Happy Birthday to Jeff Brand!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

I didn't know about this Wade. I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine nor do I want to ever go through what you went through.

Have a terrific day and Happy Birthday to Rachel in heaven and Jeff Brand. :)