Monday, February 22, 2010

Grampa's Birthday Dinners



Grampa and Gracie Marveling at the Cake



On Saturday (his birthday)Grampa wanted to go out for dinner. He wanted to go to a real High Falutin' restaurant too. It came down to either Taco Bell or Del Taco. He wanted one of them burrito things. Gracie suggested Del Taco for their indoor play ground area. That sealed the deal with Grampa. Del Taco it is.
Gracie found a new friend there, Claire from Valencia. Gracie wanted to know if Claire could come and play at Gracie's after Del Taco. They did have a lot of fun climbing and sliding in the play area.
Sunday after church was Grampa's home cooked birthday dinner. London Broil, baked taters, cauliflower, broccoli, and orange sticky rolls. Dessert was a chocolate cake with colorful jimmies and just a few birthday candles on top.
Gracie helped Mommy with the cake batter mixing. Is it any wonder it tasted so delicious?




Grampa's favorite part of the evening, a kiss from Gracie!

4 comments:

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Grandpa,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Del Taco sounds good to me. I like the dinner and cake too.

Have a terrific day. :)

Naomi and Family said...

Oh man, can I come over for dinner? I am glad you guys had fun!

Wendster said...

Oooh! How did Sandee make MUSIC NOTES???? too cool!

Well? DID Claire come over to play after Del Taco? What's with the cliff hangers?

And pass me one of those baked potatos please. With butter. TONS of butter. Thats' the best way to eat them. Lots of calories, mind you, but veeerrrry YUMMY.

Happy Birthday Grandpa! are y'all from the East coast? Because I just heard Wade call the chocolate sprinkles JIMMIES!

Save a kiss for me, Gracie face!

xoxoxoxo Wenderilla

Wendster said...

ok ok ... rainbow sprinkles. I thought the chocolate ones were jimmies?