Last night Gracie took her parents to one of her favorite places to eat, Hometown Buffet. She loves going there, they have red jello to eat! One must keep their priorities in place.
After finishing her meal, Gracie started watching a family sitting behind Dadda. It was a 3 generation family meal. Gracie was watching the young girl intently. Gracie just wanted to make a new friend. Dadda and Gracie overheard the grandfather call the girl Ariel. Gracie started to sing just like Ariel the Little Mermaid hoping to catch the little girls attention. Dadda was wise to Gracie and started to giggle. He then told Gracie she was a pretty good singer. To which Gracie replied "I'm a fantastic Ariel singer!"
Dadda was raised with four siblings and Mommy had eight. It has been interesting to watch Gracie reach out for friends where ever she goes. At church, the park, restaurants and shopping Gracie is often introducing herself to others. Dadda often feels like Gracie is really missing something not having any siblings to bond with here. Gracie and Mommy talk often of Gracie's big sister Rachel who has gone ahead and waits for our arrival.
4 comments:
We love Hometown Buffet--not only red jello, but all you can drink chocolate milk and dessert. It's the best place ever to eat!!
How fun and what a young lady Gracie is. Making new friends is a wonderful thing.
Have a terrific day. :)
In this post you create a beautiful illustration of the balance between challenge and support/negative and positive ... Gracie may be "missing" siblings (the perceived benefit of HAVING siblings in one's environment... so the perceived challenge/negative would be "no siblings" or "lack of siblings is causing Gracie to lose out in some way") ... however that VERY THING has given her a super power: The power of making friends. She has used the desire to HAVE siblings/friends to grow a super positive that some children never have. Confidence and asking skills. You rock Gracie!!!
I'm feeling certain that the challenges of our childhood give us our super strengths.
What are your thoughts?
May I ask? This "no sibling" thing (except of course for Gracie's fabulous big sister who has already gone on ahead of us) is not desired by you and wifey? I realize this could be a delicate subject ... are we wanting more siblings? Are we experiencing a challenge with that? I want to be sensitive to that but I am also curious to ask if y'all are intending to expand the family ... but I'm not *asking* because it's none of my business.
Big hugs to Gracie.
Red jello is an EXCELLENT CHOICE.
OK. Now I am all caught up and just in time, too. The rain has just started falling outside of my bedroom window. Here we go again.
IF you wish, you can go read my comments on every post I missed.
*THAT's* how addicted I am to Young Miss Gracie Face. I just don't want to miss a single post.
Hugs to all of you! Feel better! The queen of blogland commands it.
And take care of yourself. I mean it, Mister! Sometimes doctors and prescriptions need a little help. You know? Let's not wait for something to go seriously wrong before we decide we want to be healthy for Gracie Face for a very long time to come.
Besides. ... what would your blogging public do without you?
A good looking guy like you should feel as good as his looks. I would never "command" you to take care of yourself ... but I really and truly would hate to see anything happen to you.
Please? Take care of yourself?
Post a Comment