This post is for Gracie's many readers inquiring about the rules for The People Game and The Movie Game. Both are amazingly simple to learn. Dadda learned them both in just a few short weeks.
The People Game- One player is selected to think of a person they know. They then begin by saying "I'm thinking of a person" then adding clues to be used to identify the person chosen. "I'm thinking of a person who lives in Utah" The other players offer their choices of an answer. "Is it Grampa?" Adding clues until the correct name has been called.
In an effort to add to the fun remember to always ask "Is it Grampa?" after the person begins with "I'm thinking" and before any clues are given. Then continue repeating that answer until all are laughing. This may take some time. Dadda has yet to make Mommy or Gracie laugh with him, but he will not stop until they do.
The Movie Game is similar using movie titles and plot lines and characters in the movie.
2 comments:
These are such wonderful things to do with the little ones. They remember these games and the fun they had when they are adults. It always brings a smile. I know, but I remember the games my parents played with me.
Have a terrific day. :)
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
THANK YOU!
Now I want to play these games with Tristan.
When my older kids were kids we always played "20 questions" ... but we noticed early on that you need to be a certain age or at least at a certain mental faculty to be able to play. For instance: If Rob (4 at the time) was thinking of an Orca whale and wanted us to guess Orca whale ... he needed to understand the classification system ... because we'd ask him: Is it a vegetable? YES! Is it purple? YES! ... OK ... a purple vegetable .... AND IT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND IT SWIMS. ... ???? oH the confusion. :) But it made for good memories.
Post a Comment