Today we at gracieofgreenbriar remember Gracie's older sister Rachel. Today she would be 6 years old. Although it would have been a tough life for our little angel.
She had Potter's Syndrome and we knew she wouldn't be around long if at all. The doctors told us at 12 weeks of pregnancy we should prepare to lose her. Rachel fought all the way to 39 weeks.
It was a sad day but reminds us of the eternal nature of families. How blessed we are with that assurance.
4 comments:
I can't believe it's been 6 years! We can't wait to meet Rachel...she has given us high goals to be as perfect as she is! The reunion after this life will be so sweet.
I hear we get to raise whatever children we lost, later on in the afterlife.
I wonder if there is a certain length a pregnancy has to reach before they "count"? I wonder if I have two waiting for me? I had two miscarriages ... but they were awfully early on. It always makes me wonder.
Happy Birthday Rachel!
p.s. Sorry to make that comment all about me!
My condolences for your loss ... that had to be hard at the time.
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how that felt and still feels. But isn't it wonderful that we can take solace in the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
Post a Comment