Wednesday, June 25, 2008

" I'm NOT 3 Anymore!"



We used Gracie's 3rd birthday as a goal date for her to stop using her "pas-fier." When we left for GrammaGrampa house she cheerfully left one sitting on the bed saying " We will give it to baby Rachel when we get home."
Well, the plan was working until Gracie got pretty sick at GrammaGrampa's house.
"My neck hurts and I don't feel well." " I need my pas-fier." We felt horrible not giving her one but, we really needed to break her of the habit.
She put up quite a squawk to get one.
Sunday morning she was getting worse so Mommy rode off to get the "med-cine" It is grape flavored so Gracie liked it. It helped keep her less fussy.
GrammaGrampa loved having Gracie visit them for her birthday. The trip wasn't too bad until the ride home. Gracie tried to keep a stiff upper lip but, even a 3 year old needs to cry when they are sick sometimes.
Gracies's cousin Holly called while we were in transit home asking if she could spend a few days with her cousin bouncing on the "tramp-line",playing Candyland and Lucky Ducks. She even beat Gracie at Lucky Ducks. Gracie had been unbeaten until that time. She beat Mommy,Daddy,and even GrammaGrampa a few times. If you picked up one of her ducks, she watched it all the way around the pond until her turn to snag it.
This morning as we were all laying around our bed sick. Gracie rolled over to Mommy and and said. "I came from Mommy's tummy." " Come and get me!" It was a nice way to start a family sick day. I hope Holly didn't catch anything from us. I think the heat of the desert will kill any germs she might take back.

6 comments:

"Positive Thinking" by Raj said...

Gracie is soooo cute :)

By d way, I am Raj and I love browsing through pics of kids, Infact I am very fond of them.

Your daughter is really very sweet...

Hizzeather said...

Who are these creepy people that are commenting?

Stephanie M. said...

Ditto to Heather's comment!!
Happy birthday to Gracie! I can't believe how grown-up she looks!
Wade, thanks for the crafting advice. I always enjoy reading your comments. They usually make me chuckle. : )

Mindi Kay said...

Hey, who are you calling "creepy," Heather?!?! (JK, I know to what you are referring to. Just like my brother, I can't resist a good set up line."

Gracie is the most beautiful girl I know! Even if she has the disadvantage of her paternal line. Love you guys!

Wendster said...

Do you know, I read Raj's comment, became concerned, and went to check out their blog.
Now that I have read Raj's blog I GET why it came across the way it did. Raj is a mother from India who writes the MOST AMAZING BLOG with so many positive helpful posts. I came away from there inspired and uplifted. No doubt her first language is ... Indian? Ok ... what language do we speak in India? I don't know. But she was merely saying that she loves kids. Not that she's a perv who likes little kids ... at first it sounded like a veiled threat when I read her comment ... now that I understand her language origins I see that she was JUST saying that she likes kids. She has kids. And she enjoys photos of kids.

That's my read on it.

I recommend her blog to everyone. It's the best morning read I've had in a LONG time.


As for Berto xxx ... ? The triple x's concerned me since this is a blog about a little girl. I went to his blog and found no information other than a bare bones profile and a car insurance sales page? Hmmmmmmmmm. Can't vouch for his character with what I found at his blog ... but at least his comment didn't sound creepy or off. Maybe the triple x's refer to Vin Diesel? Not sexual content? But better to be safe when dealing with the "unknown" ... have to keep our little Gracie safe.

Just sharing my thoughts.

Wendster said...

Sorry the fam was sick.

That duck game sounds like something Tristan would like to play.